When preparing a release, remember to check off these things. [WIP]
- Picking a name for the release (not necessary until first non-pre-release) [WIP: We are still to discuss naming-conventions]
- Writing a proper change log (resource) [WIP: Provide a tool/guide for how to do it for Florence]
- Upgrade instructions for the release (if applicable) [WIP: We are creating the actual templates and stuff for Upgrade instructions over the next few weeks, for next release (after first) ]
- Publishing changelog on Florence-development blog.(This automatically does the following: Creating a new entry in the RSS/Atom feed, Sending out an email to the mailing list Posting to fediverse account)
- Linking posts in the Mattermost server
- Adding the release to git
- The changelog entry should be added to a `vx.y.z.w` on git. See the previous releases for how the translation from the changelog markdown to the plain-text tag is usually done.
- Two additional tags should be made, one for the date the release is done and another for the nicer name for the release. Again, see the existing tags for how this is published.
- Copy the markdown version of the changelog into a GitHub release for the `vx.y.z.w` tag.
- Building a docker image (note: this should happen automatically, but double check when it's finished)